FRANCIS’ TIPS FOR GETTING CHEAP TICKETS TO PARIS:
- Be loyal to one airline, Sign up for their frequent flier program and collect “Miles” which can be redeemed for flights
- Sign up for affiliated credit cards when they have special promotions offering 40,000- 50,000 mile bonuses for signing up
- Use the credit cards that give “Miles” to pay for everything possible and pay off your credit card in full at the end of every month
- Cancel the credit cards if they start charging you an annual fee or call and threaten to cancel so they wave the annual fee
- Whenever possible fly during the “off” or “shoulder” season for cheaper prices and when you fly during the “peak” season let someone at check-in know that you are willing to be bumped (don’t wait for an announcement to be made at the gate when there could be a rush on the desk). Plan to be bumped when you choose your dates and return home a day before you have to be at work in case you need to spend an extra night at the airport.